Monday, March 25, 2013

Contact with Mike Lamb

This weekend I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike Lamb who embarked on a similar expedition to what we are planning in 2009.  Somehow, he managed to ease my concerns about the daunting (and dangerous) nature of the trip - maybe this was the story that a local Malawian hadn't seen a crocodile for 20 years.  Although great for my safety, the new-found eager photographer in me was slightly disappointed by this fact.  It was great to hear about many aspects of the trip from someone with first hand experience, including the kayaks themselves, clothing, camping, wildlife, weather, kit and much more. 

I'd like to publicly thank him for his advice and for putting up with my endless questions.

Let the preparations begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment